Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Warm

Under a white sky. the seasonable temperature rose above 80 with a moderate breeze.  The pool water felt warmer too.  The pileated pair took turns at the new suet.  Wary crows picked up a few barkbutter balls I dropped for them.  A male bluebird drank from the clean ant moat.  A mockingbird found the barkbutter balls in the hanging dish.  A Carolina wren foraged on the steps. 

A couple of cabbage whites did their aerial dance that I think is territorial.  I also saw a brown skipper, maybe a silver spotted.  Bees and wasps were active and I saw a black crab spider.  Ants kept falling into the pool along with some pupae.  The dearth of dragonflies is disturbing.  The first sunflower opened part way.  A second gladiolus spear started to bloom. When I went to get the mail, I saw a chipping sparrow and a mockingbird in the driveway.  Of course I'd left the camera inside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment