Monday, April 29, 2024

Farewell

I thought I saw some ducklings across the creek but even the photo left me uncertain.  It was low tide with lots of gnarly detritus exposed.  Another butterfly blurred past me.  The  coral honeysuckle bloomed and the first evening primrose.  The temperature rose into the upper 80s.  A blue jay came for barkbutter balls which I put in the lower dish that swings more.  That seems to slow down consumption.  

We said goodbye to the dog today.  He was declining for the last several weeks.  It's hard to feel an animal trusts you when you know what is coming.  Afterward, I sat outside and listened to birdsong.  K went for a walk.  When I came inside, a parade of woodpeckers queued up for suet, first the male pileated, then the male red belly, and last the downy.  They had been complaining from the trees. 



No comments:

Post a Comment