Thursday, April 18, 2024

Seeds or suet?

The creek was shiny and full of color though the sunlight wasn't strong.  I hustled breakfast out for the birds and blue jays were quick to notice.   Starlings helped finish off the suet.  White throated sparrows hunted elusive crumbs.  A mockingbird wasn't pleased to find the barkbutter dish was empty.  

I had an afternoon meeting and when I came home a white breasted nuthatch was busy with the seed feeder but it got away before I had the camera ready.  Then it came back when I was on the phone and left as I hung up.  So no photo.  The red bellied woodpecker was not so ungrateful.  Crows hung around hoping for more barkbutter balls.  A tiger swallowtail flew across my field of view.  The female downy and a male house finch argued over the seed feeder.  A cardinal won.  Finally the female pileated arrived after the suet was all gone.  



No comments:

Post a Comment