Thursday, May 10, 2012

And sun again

The paper says half an inch of rain fell but I think we got more like an inch and a half.  A chickadee has been busy at the feeder.  A cardinal came and looked and left.  I'd better check if there are still seeds when I rehang the hummer feeder. There aren't - got to fill that too.

A pair of mallards tried honeymooning in the pool.  I evicted them. Several egrets and a great blue heron flew upstream. 

In the afternoon, several cabbage butterflies and a dragonfly I think was a halloween pennant flitted through.  Then the male cardinal showed up with a fledgling.  The young bird foraged for itself but begged whenever the adult was near.  It gave me a very suspicious look as I took pictures.

Toward evening a rabbit stopped by to weed the flower bed.  It has patches of long fur and short - I think the warm Spring  messed up its shedding schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment