Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Back to gray

The pool is warm enough for swimming.  The mallards agree.  A titmouse visited the feeder early and the white spot squirrel stopped by.  A finch saw me and left. 

I need to change the hummer feeder.  This morning it is full of largish, honey-brown ants.  I think they just discovered it as they are still alive and swimming around.  A well around the hanger is supposed to keep insects out, but ants may be making living bridges to cross it.  I dumped the whole mess and brought the feeder inside.

A thin drizzle started mid morning and turned into a daylong rain.  Some lightning, but mostly lots of water.   As though to prove the cliche, when I got home a pair of mallard drakes were swimming in the pool in the rain.  I tried to get a photo but there wasn't enough light - the flash went off and they scuttled away.

No comments:

Post a Comment