Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The usual suspects

Cardinals and finches with squirrels on the ground.  Geese are feeding down by the creek.  The sky is gray and there was light fog over the creek earlier.  I neglect to mention crows, but I see them every day. 

Mid-morning, the overcast is breaking up and there are moments of sun.  I think the red goo I decided was a slime mold four days ago is now turning into orange balls.

At lunch the bluebird returned.  Lots of bird song, and the hammering of a woodpecker.  The clouds have moved off West - I think thanks are due to Tropical Storm Alberto sitting off the Outer Banks.  Nevertheless, a tropical storm off the Carolinas in May is more evidence of climate change than I want to see.

Mid afternoon brought thunder and a downpour.   I have been thinking that all the white clover I've seen this year is a sign the honeybees are recovering.  Mary Reid Barrow describes planting clover between strawberry rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment