Friday, November 14, 2014

Brrrrrrr!

Heavy clouds flowed down from the NNW.  Gulls and an egret played on the wind.  A flurry of finches descended on the feeder.  This one seems possessed.  I mistook a couple of male mergansers for buffleheads on the creek.  With frost a possibility tonight, I brought in the flowerpot.

Glimmers of sun appeared in the late morning, along with chickadees.  A buzzard swooped overhead.  Then a flock of geese did the same.

Though the sun shone in the afternoon, the wind pealed the heat off my camera fingers.  A variety of ducks were out on the creek - mallards, mergansers, and maybe pintails and ruddy ducks.  Cormorants flew high and low.  Dark clouds continued to flow from the North below high white cirrus brush marks out of the West. I meant to check on the caterpillars but I got too cold to remember. 


No comments:

Post a Comment