Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Fog burned off

It was misty over the creek but an absolute whiteout on the Lesner Bridge.  By my return, the fog had lifted but I could see it as a solid layer over the Bay.  It was all gone by 10:30am.  Finches came to the feeder early.  Later it was chickadees.

After I got all my errands done, I sat outside and heard lots but saw little.  An egret circled over the trees.  A kingfisher zoomed downstream.  Hooded mergansers sailed by on the glassy creek.  Black swallow caterpillars were still growing and bees were busy.  The puffballs doubled in size. 

At lunch a crow chased off a red tailed hawk but I couldn't get the camera operating fast enough. The sky stayed clear through sunset.  At dusk, a katydid showed up on the window along with the ubiquitous little beige moths.  Overall, it was very pleasant with a light breeze. 


No comments:

Post a Comment