Sunday, November 27, 2016

Cloudless blue

Wind and sun dominated the morning.  The birds got up late and I saw nothing to compare with yesterday.  Even though I put out grape jelly for the oriole it never appeared.  Two of the goldfinches came back.  So did juncos and a white throated sparrow.  A Carolina wren got some mealworms.



The downy woodpeckers were busy all day.  Three doves met around the water cooler, aka birdbath.  The nuthatch came back and a chickadee took a bath.  I thought I saw a brown headed nuthatch but that may have been a chickadee. 


A drift of pink petals lay under the sassanqua camellia.  I glimpsed a great blue heron, a bufflehead, an egret, geese, gulls and cormorants, a couple of kingfishers chasing each other, and possibly a pelican.  There was still too much foliage for the camera to get most of the waterfowl. 


No comments:

Post a Comment