Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Warmer

A couple of great blue herons argued about fishing spots along the shining creek.  The kingfisher perched on the dam spillway.  Chickadees and a downy woodpecker came to the feeders and a dove landed on the patio.  Other birds flitted around the margins of the yard, staying concealed by leaves.  At least one was a bluebird. As much as I hate to see the leaves fall, it will improve visibility. 

On my way home in the late morning, two bald eagles were circling over our street.  All I had was the little snapshot camera. Afterward, I walked around and then saw a flock of cormorants come upstream fishing.  So I went down to the dock.  I saw two kingfishers, two great blue herons, and too many geese.

After dark, a small moth was attracted to the window. 


No comments:

Post a Comment