Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November gray

The wind was slight and the air warmer which encouraged birds and bugs. But they frustrated me by rarely posing.  A leaf footed bug landed on the step.  Black swallowtail caterpillars kept eating.  A little brown butterfly followed a squirrel across the yard.

The creek was full of geese and a few mallards.  Something under water disturbed the surface, perhaps a school of fish?  I found a periwinkle on a spartina stem.

I heard more birds than I saw and I saw more than I managed to photograph.  I got a blurred warbler and another backlit silhouette.  A brown headed nuthatch hiked up a trunk right in front of me just as the camera turned itself off.  Blue jays were calling and I heard a kingfisher.  I glimpsed a mockingbird.


No comments:

Post a Comment