Saturday, November 12, 2016

Windy

Chickadees were thick on the feeder, joined by occasional finches.  A white throated sparrow foraged below.  It looked like the same one as on other days - a white morph.  Mid morning, I got a couple of blurry photos of a brown creeper on the wild cherry.  A golden crowned kinglet dangled from cedar twigs hunting bugs, I suppose. 

A pelican flew up and down the creek several times.  The wind probably drove it from more open stretches of water.  The creek itself was very rough. Only chickadees showed up during lunch.  Afterward I glimpsed something at the mealworm dish, probably a wren. 

But when I went back to my computer, a great blue heron was stalking along the creek edge.  It passed under the dock and out of sight, but a second heron was watching for fish from the neighbor's dock.  That one jumped into the water up over its belly (low tide) and moved around under that dock.  Movement caught the corner of my eye and I discovered a kingfisher with its lunch on the dock bench.  It didn't stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment