Sunday, October 8, 2017

Rain

High tide flooded the street beside the church, but the sun was shining so I had hopes of the rest of the day.  But the clouds spread across the sky right after lunch.  

An Argiope was tucked up under the roof overhang in the protected corner of the patio, but I wasn't sure it was alive.  A Carolina wren gobbled up the remaining mealworms before the rain. I saw a high-flying bird that seemed to be catching insects, but the camera didn't catch it.  There was activity in the beautyberry, but I couldn't see what bird was eating the berries. 

After come-and-go sprinkles, a soaking rain fell. It was too wet to risk the camera after the rain, so the millipede and the silverfish/firebrat I rescued, along with many beetles, went undocumented.  The Argiope had changed position so I guess it was just lethargic.  It was a good afternoon for any eater of mosquitoes - warm, humid, with only an occasional breeze. 




No comments:

Post a Comment