Thursday, October 5, 2017

Warm, indeed!

It was a beautiful day, but I had promises to keep.  At breakfast, several titmice joined chickadees for sunflower seeds.  Meanwhile a blue jay ate mealworms but dodged the photography fee.  A titmouse played nuthatch on the pine trunk. 

I went out and added mealworms to the dish but the blue jay never returned.  After I'd come back to breakfast, I felt a tickle on my leg. I shook it a little and suddenly there was a sizable mama wolf spider on the floor.  I was able to gently shoo her outside, not just for humanitarian reasons, but to make sure all her babies went with her. 

The full moon rose through thin cloud streaks that added interest.  A bright green treehopper was attracted to the window, along with midges and small moths. 



No comments:

Post a Comment