Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Catching up

Monday was a bus trip to lobby legislators from before dawn to bedtime.  Tuesday was getting ready and then driving to Richmond for more of the same on Wednesday.  And then driving back through rain Wednesday afternoon and arriving home just before sunset. Here's what little I observed of non-human nature.  (I saw plenty of human nature!)

On Monday, after the sun rose, we were enshrouded in fog.  Finally it occurred to me to get my camera out, and of course, that's when the fog dissipated.  Tuesday morning I was home and it was cold enough for ice in the birdbath and on the creek.  Bluebirds joined white throats, titmice, starlings, downy and red bellied woodpeckers at the feeders.  A heron fished where the current had worn away the ice.   Clouds got heavy around sunset as we arrived in Richmond.

 I got home on Wednesday as the sun burned through a veil of stratus clouds.  By then the temperature had risen to the upper 60s.  There was just enough light to see ducks on the creek.  At first I only saw a pair of mallards but then a diving duck popped up.  I couldn't get a decent picture but I think it was a merganser.


No comments:

Post a Comment