Monday, July 16, 2018

Nice breeze

 A squirrel was eating something in the hackberry when I got up,  A fledgling titmouse liked the ant moat as a water dish.  A goldfinch and a hummer briefly shared the feeder area.  An egret preened on a piling.  Then I had to leave. 

The morning's mackerel sky cleared in the afternoon. A skink crossed the steps.  The wren in the birdhouse had its head in the doorway and beak open - panting?  Later she cussed me out for sitting too close. 

A black swallowtail visited the skeletal parsley.  Dragonflies were all around.  I saw blue dashers, amberwings, slaty skimmers, a four spotted pennant on the pine, something that cruised along the spartina, and I think the one that never perched was a Needham's skimmer.  Wasps were all over the mint, as usual.  A little brownish butterfly -- hairstreak, copper? -- was also on the mint.  A stink bug trekked all over the window. I saved a couple of spiders. Then, after midnight, I discovered a 12-spotted skimmer banging the window by the watering can.  The light was still on and attracting other bugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment