Friday, July 20, 2018

Cooler

Puffball cumulus clouds drifted West at breakfast.  Hummers and wrens were breakfasting out. I missed the bulk of the day, but got outside in the late afternoon.  By then clouds were beginning to build up, and by sunset the sky looked stormy.

Dragonflies were thick - I saw red and yellow bodies, spotted, saddlebagged, and black tipped wings.  I also saw a cicada killer but could not get a good shot.  The cicadas were loud.  I managed to rescue a scoliid wasp from the water without either of us getting hurt. A sidewalk tiger beetle dashed across the patio, almost invisible against the concrete. 

A Carolina wren tried the suet feeder. The house wren cussed me out from so close I jumped. I heard jays and crows and suspect a hawk was involved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment