Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Hibiscus sawfly

I've identified the insect that ate the hibiscus leaves and left the plant with little energy for flowers.  It is actually called a hibiscus sawfly.  And I found ways to get rid of the infestation next year

I saw wrens, hummers, blue jays, and the regulars. during the brief moments I was at home.  Black swallowtails and smaller butterflies were out along with a glimpse of what I think was a hummingbird moth crossing the driveway.  There were saddlebags, pennants, widow skimmers, blue dashers, and some kind of yellowish dragonfly. 

Thunderheads built up in the afternoon and merged into an overcast by 5pm.  Dragonflies were very thick in the at treetop height  The heat finally broke with a thunderstorm around 8:30pm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment