Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Pungo

A gray day was enlivened by an excursion to the southern end of the city - a mix of forest, swamp, and farm fields.  We saw two hawks, one was red tailed and the other had a white rump and I believe was a Northern Harrier!  I was driving on a country road with cars behind me and ditches on the sides, so there was no question of a photo.   I did pull off at the foot of the West Neck bridge and my passenger tried to photograph some other birds  I think they were vultures. 

At breakfast there were white throats and pine warblers and a titmouse performing for a house finch.  A little sun got through but the creek was choppy and gray and empty of ducks.  When I got home, there wasn't enough light to photograph a cardinal.  But the creek was calm and, unlike yesterday, the temperature was seasonable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment