Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Beautiful day

The male red bellied woodpecker was back.  I scattered the Christmas seeds and  a song sparrow came to claim a share.  It got a millet hull stuck on its beak.  

I saw some hooded mergansers on the creek.  A cormorant cut through the mirror the water made.  The a bufflehead did the same. 

The yellow rumped warbler perched in the cherry to preen.  A white throated sparrow noticed the seeds I scattered. A Carolina wren wrestled with a bark butter ball.  Downy woodpeckers got their suet back. 

At mid day in the sun I was warm but at 5pm on the dock waiting for sunset I was too cold to stay long.  The cormorants flew home in their daily commute, but I didn't see any other large birds.  A couple of flocks of unidentifiable smaller birds passed over.  There was little to no wind. Toward evening haze spread over the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment