Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Still warm

The sky was very changeable.  At breakfast, it hinted rain.  After lunch, it was dotted with fair weather cumulus.  Later it was an intense clear blue. The warmth confused flowers. 

A song sparrow was dubious about the bark butter residue.  A white throated sparrow stayed with the seeds that fell in the mulch.  The two wrens investigated everything.  The downy woodpeckers stuck to suet.

I encountered the cat in the front yard and later in the back, occupying patches of sunshine.  Chickadees and cardinals came to the feeder anyway, but the male cardinal was wary and watchful.

This is the 3090th post I've made in over the last nine years.  That's an average of 343 posts per year.  I think I've been reasonably faithful to the task I set myself.  I wonder if the data may eventually be useful. 

Rainfall for 2019 was just average (46") for the first time in about five years.


No comments:

Post a Comment