Monday, December 2, 2019

Sky drama

I had a before-breakfast appointment and rain hammered me along the bay.  A flock of big birds passed the bridge.  They might have been pelicans.  It had stopped when I returned and muted sunlight escaped through a thin patch of overcast.  I definitely saw pelicans at lunch. Enough leaves blew off the willow that I could see the dam outfall.

By time for my afternoon commitment immense individual clouds stretched in bands of rain with blue sky between so that I saw sunlight trees between strokes of the wiper blades  

Back home birds rushed to feed during a lull.  A titmouse, a pine warbler, and a Carolina wren joined the regulars.  A song sparrow foraged with the white throats.  As the light faded, I glimpsed a female bufflehead between dives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment