Sunday, March 29, 2020

Camera confusion

I wanted to get acquainted with my new camera, so I started with it in the morning.  Of course the manual was online and I hadn't looked for it.  I could not figure out how to switch from screen to viewfinder - but I learned a few other things while looking.  When I did check the manual, the answer was so simple, I was embarrassed.

The suet was a magnet for woodpeckers and the brown thrasher.  I also saw a warbler on it in the evening.  Other birds foraged the bits that fell to the patio, but they were hidden by the steps.

A black swallowtail discovered the parsley and rue.  I also saw a cabbage white and a tiger swallowtail.  Bees and wasps worked hard as usual, energized by the heat.  The wild cherry trees had buds. 


The creek was placid except for the wakes of passing boats.  It seemed devoid of ducks, possibly because of the boaters.  I glimpsed a heron and an egret, and of course turtles.

K came out to practice the violin and a mockingbird was not to be outdone.  It perched in the maple and ran through its repertoire of sounds, some musical, some silly.  I wonder it it will add violin to its impersonations?

Contrails showed the world had not yet come to a complete stop.  Cloud wisps and haze gradually merged into a white sky, but after dark the crescent moon and Venus were visible, albeit fuzzy.


No comments:

Post a Comment