Saturday, March 28, 2020

Hot day

Woodpeckers showed up first.  An egret fished in what looked like a strong current  below the dam.  Rain fell overnight, but not that much. I saw a junco foraging for fallen suet, but it got away. 

I went out to plant seeds and discovered it was much hotter than predicted.  The cherry that grew from a pit was blossoming.  Maybe this year I'll get a cherry?   The rusty disease reappeared on the red cedar.  The coral honeysuckle was loaded with flowers.  Among the money plants, now flowering, I found several rosettes of Small-flower Hawk's-Beard Crepis pulchra, I think.  It's non-native and not very "pulchra" to my eyes.  The dogwood by the pool steps made puzzle-boxes of its petals again. 

The turtle log was full under the hot sun.  Bees and wasps were busy.  I saw a cabbage white and a sulphur.  And I managed to catch a jumping spider with the camera.

The crescent moon was accompanied by Venus and a couple of cormorants.


No comments:

Post a Comment