Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Nature walk

Two Carolina wrens came together for a suet breakfast.  A white throat was busy on the ground.  Downy woodpeckers ignored everything except suet. 

This afternoon I went for a longer walk than I have for quite some time.  I didn't have the camera so I may have to go back tomorrow.  Field pansies were blooming everywhere in the grass along with some birdseyeLesser celandine has spread all over one yard with shiny gold stars.  When I first saw it years ago I thought it was the native green-and-gold, but it is an invasive.  Two yards further was my goal. A pale Chionodoxa has naturalized there.  And above us a couple of bluebirds twittered in an ancient magnolia.  

The cardinals were courting in the evening.  The Carolina wrens were together as always.  The sky had gone gray before it got dark.   


No comments:

Post a Comment