Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Another lovely day

It was cold overnight!  The sky was cloudless but more hazy than yesterday.  The tide was high again, but not quite as high as yesterday or the day before, probably because the wind was no longer fierce.  But as the day warmed, turtles were out on the lake logs.  I saw a few small skinks. 

Blue jays came for breakfast.  At lunch I spotted a mockingbird in the cherry tree.  Later, I think I glimpsed a brown headed nuthatch.  A Carolina wren was definitely watching me in return. 

A red spotted purple posed.  It was missing quite a few nips from its hind wings.  The bees were back with the wasps on the mountain mint.  

I found the praying mantis again.  It appeared to be ill or dying, or possibly trying to lay eggs.  It's wings were distended and it couldn't even hang on to a rose stem. 



No comments:

Post a Comment