Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sunshine

 A couple of brown thrashers appeared to be plotting in the cherry tree.  Something got the crows into a hissy.  A disheveled Carolina wren fussed at me from the back of the bench.  

The all-day overcast rolled out of sight in the mid afternoon and the day became very pleasant.  I saw several skinks enjoying the sun, including one that popped up out of a big crack in the pool patio, like a prairie dog checking for danger.  It wasn't quite sure what to make of my head bobbing in the water eye-to-eye at the same level.  I rescued a wasp and some beetles.  

 A horsefly was on the concrete by the door.  It was on its back but I rolled it over to see what it was.  I used hornet spray to blow it away..  A black swallowtail was energized by the sun to seek the proper plants for eggs.  After the sun set, I saw fireflies again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment