Saturday, May 22, 2021

Pool weather

The day was hot and cloudy, perfect for swimming, but I was in an all day meeting.  I turned my back on it long enough to see a yellow crowned night heron crabbing under the bulkhead.  The low tide and placid creek were in the bird's favor but it had no luck while I watched.

In the evening I did get some pool time.  A Carolina wren investigated every feeder.  I don't think it was pleased that the suet was empty.  A bluebird perched on the bathroom vent to survey his territory.  Two titmice risked visits to the seed feeder while I sat nearby.  A hummer checked out the feeder, then perched on a dead dogwood branch, but it was too fast for me.  A brown thrasher was too wary to get any barkbutter balls, even though they were farther from me than the seeds.  It waited in the dogwood for me to leave. 

A spider crossed the patio in short dashes to hang out by the door.  It had thick front legs like claws.  There was no sign of fireflies yet. 






No comments:

Post a Comment