Friday, November 19, 2021

Clear and cold

A pine warbler tried the barkbutter balls.  Canada geese disturbed the morning reflections.  Last night's wind dumped trash in the creek. It also pealed twigs bare of a lot of colorful leaves. 

A yellow rumped warbler hopped all around under the feeders but vegetation kept photo bombing my pictures.  Downy woodpeckers were very possessive of the suet.  One ejected what I think was a white breasted nuthatch.  White throated sparrows came for lunch. 

I went for my booster in the afternoon and then stopped at the library for Doug Tallamy's latest book, Nature's Best Hope.  After that, I took the long way home past Witchduck Lake.  I think all the ducks were mallards, watched over by a statuesque egret.   

Toward evening, the feral cat dashed across the yard to the base of the cedar, but whatever it saw made an escape.  And then it was five o'clock and dark.  K moved the peppers inside for the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment