Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Two glorious days

I drove to the DC suburbs on Monday and back on Tuesday under clear blue skies.  And I hardly needed the jacket I took.  On the way up, pelicans were soaring over the HRBT but I only had the snapshot camera along so it was hard to get much of an image.  Trees along the highway shouted read and gold.  On the way back, I saw a Northern harrier identifiable by its white rump.  At the rest stop, a cloudless sulphur flitted past me and two ladybird beetles landed on my windshield. 

When I got home, the tree work was all done.  The views are much better, but more importantly, the marsh plants will get the sun they need.  The creek was a flat mirror.  Gulls played with the thermals rising from the asphalt street passing in front of the crescent moon.  



No comments:

Post a Comment