Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Pied-bill grebe

It was still chilly.  The air was much calmer than yesterday so the creek mirrored sunlit trees.  Leaves were getting very colorful.  Downy woodpeckers were back at the suet. 

I found a mud wasp's nest underneath a little outdoor table.   A pine warbler briefly clung to the bark of the oak.  A bluebird blended in with the oak leaves. 

Canada geese glided through reflections.  It's time the migrant ducks arrived but all I saw for sure were mallards, some tipping head-down to feed.  I thought I glimpsed a merganser but I couldn't be sure.  Then a pied-bill grebe paddled downstream. 

Some idiot mowed the marsh grass on the dam with a small "Cat." I'm not sure what you'd call the device.  Despite the noise, turtles sunned themselves on the lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment