Saturday, November 27, 2021

Reflections

I love the glow of reflected sunlight on water that's still shaded.  The goose proved that the sunlight had not reached the water - it was just reflected light.  Mundane things made complex patterns in the creek.  Surface movement created abstracts. It wasn't as windy today.  The sky was intensely blue and the air was cold enough to turn me blue.  (When I was young, I would not have thought this was cold.)

The downy woodpeckers and chickadees made up most of the visitors, along with the half-blind sparrow.  I saw a female bufflehead again.  A great blue heron swooped low over the house too fast for my reaction.  But I think it was the one that landed on the bulkhead across the creek.  And there were mallards. 

I thought I caught a face looking at me.  It was a combination of dangling cedar in front of reflections on the creek.  Pareidolia.  




No comments:

Post a Comment