Saturday, November 6, 2021

Pelicans?

This was not a day for reflections.  Instead waves rolled upstream driven by the wind.  At breakfast big pale birds soared low over the creek, upstream then back and repeat.  I was looking through the still-leafy trees so I could not be sure, but the only other possibility would be egrets and that didn't seem right.  A while later a couple of crows chased a larger bird, again behind the trees so I don't know if it was a hawk or an eagle, or even a buzzard.  But all I got a photo of was the feral cat.  I thought that having a dog would keep the cat out of the yard. 

A female downy woodpecker ignored the cat in order to get to the suet.  But the hawk, or whatever it was, troubled her.   Mallards bobbed on the incoming tide.  Light rain began in the morning and continued, off and on, all day.  But when I went out to buy bird suet and stuff, I discovered it was drier on the East side of town.  It was very windy though.  




No comments:

Post a Comment