Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Blue water

The mockingbird pair returned but they were rarely close enough to get in one frame.  Perhaps that's a survival strategy, but I finally caught them.  The starlings and bluebirds were very hungry. A dove wandered around the pool cover puddle.  A blue jay tackled the suet. 

The fern fiddleheads multiplied and stretched taller. Roses were blooming.   Turtles basked despite the demolition across the creek.  The rust infection on the red cedar looked really bad.  A few wisps of cloud interrupted the blue sky.  The blue water was in the pool that was opened while I was away at a lunch meeting.  I wonder what became of the skinks that were hiding under the cover?  I did see one on the upper patio.  Also, the plants we brought home Saturday are now in the ground.  

In the late afternoon, I patiently watched the bluebird house and finally caught the male with a beak full of spider, I think. I saw a goose pair with two goslings.  





No comments:

Post a Comment