Friday, April 15, 2022

First hummingbird

At breakfast, a male red bellied woodpecker helped himself to suet.  Then the female pileated woodpecker came and did the same.  Pictures on the creek surface were bright and sharp in the morning sunlight. 

I was pulling out liriope all week and I must have brushed poison ivy because blisters showed up on my wrist.  Both plants were popping up all over.   Late in the afternoon, as I worked my way down the hill I disturbed something that looked like a bee but didn't seem to have wings.  I was hesitant to get too close.  Further down, I saw a male hummer checking out the coral honeysuckle on the fence near the creek.  I did not have the camera but I did report the sighting.  A brown thrasher stopped by during supper but didn't linger.  

Twilight clouds shared their tints with the creek. 




No comments:

Post a Comment