Friday, April 1, 2022

Pelicans

Another windy day brought pelicans up the creek even though the West wind was warm.  With their necks turned brown, some were clearly ready to breed.  In the morning I also saw a Carolina wren, a mockingbird, a blue jay, a brown headed nuthatch, and a couple of bluebirds, and the camera missed them all. 

Big queen carpenter and bumblebees seemed able to ignore the wind as they zoomed around collecting nectar and pollen.  A paper wasp was also working hard.  I saw a grass spider and several webs.  I counted ten turtles on their log.  

The white gulls took over the fishing in the afternoon.  I managed to capture a red bellied woodpecker on the suet and a sentinel starling watching me from the oak.  A white throated sparrow foraged under the camellia.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment