Friday, July 29, 2022

First frog

K picked figs so I picked blueberries till the sweat ran into my eyes and dripped off my nose.  But I got more than a quart before I gave in and threw myself into the water.   A smallish green frog was in the pool skimmer.  I had left the camera in the house because of predicted thunderstorms.  I managed to carry the frog to the door but when i tried to transfer it to my left hand, it wiggled free and belly-flopped to the concrete.  I got a couple of pictures while it recovered.  This episode convinced me to keep the camera with me.  That meant that when the rain began, I had to make a dash to get the camera indoors.  A yellow crowned night heron also dashed for cover in a pine tree.  I sat in the rain for a while but the temperature was falling, the wind was rising, and the lightning was coming closer.  We lost power briefly while I was showering the leaves and twigs out of my hair.  A second storm blew through around 7pm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment