Sunday, July 17, 2022

Poop!

Between flies and storms, I thought morning would be the safest time to be outside.  The sun was scorching but the water was refreshing.  Unfortunately, geese had pooped everywhere.  It took too much time in the sun cleaning up their mess.  I pried a June beetle off the skimmer handle and saw a couple of Japanese beetles and some sweat bees in the water, but mostly goose feathers.  The mountain mint was very busy.  A fiery skipper darted in then as quickly left.  But there were all kinds of bees everywhere.  Wasps were present but not as many as the bees.  When I sprayed the hibiscus I scared something away.It might have been a hummer or a hummingbird moth, or possibly a cicada.  

A tiny skink scampered into the shade.  Later I saw an adult.  So far I haven't had any in the pool.  A black swallowtail passed through without stopping at the rue, so I figured it was a male.

A female cardinal chased another that had the nerve to visit the feeder.  One of them chased something in the rue.  The brown headed nuthatch was back.  The male hummer was back.  I still haven't got a picture of his ruby throat catching the sun.  





No comments:

Post a Comment