Friday, July 8, 2022

More humid

I wondered if a clumsy house finch was blind but the photo revealed a broken leg.   A chickadee clung to the post like a nuthatch.  The ripe wild cherries got attention from birds but foliage frustrated me.   There was nothing of note floating in the pool or trapped in the skimmer, just the usual beetles and spiders.  A persistent mosquito bugged me by flying at my face repeatedly as I tried to smack or splash it into the water.  My face was the only part of me not submerged. 

A duskywing skipper joined the throng of bees and wasps at the mountain mint.  Skinks were out and about today, and I missed every one.  I also missed photographing the goldfinch pair, a brown headed nuthatch, a mockingbird, a blurbird, and a blue jay. 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment