Saturday, July 16, 2022

Two-fer

A brown headed nuthatch and a hummer entertained at breakfast Friday.  Then I drove to Richmond and came back home Saturday.  Traffic was horrible in both directions.  

Additionally, close to Richmond Friday I encountered a white-out of a thunderstorm, including some hail.  I could see the wall of white ahead downhill and thought it was fog in the valley.  Then it began to bang on the roof and hood in a very un-foggy way.  Traffic slowed to about 10 mph and some drivers hid under overpasses.  I think it took me about a quarter of an hour to pass through the storm.  

While driving I also saw a fairy ring, a crow chasing a hawk, a buzzard soaring, and gulls around the HRBT.  A bug bounced off the windshield but later another bug splatted but the thunderstorm scrubbed the windshield clean.  Richmond, when I arrived, was dripping with humidity and puddled by the storm.  The sky cleared and the air got a bit drier toward evening.  There were birds but the only one I identified was an English sparrow.  

I didn't get home Saturday till nearly 7pm and clouds followed me.  Hummers told K that their juice had gone bad, but one used the wire hanger as a perch anyway.  





No comments:

Post a Comment