Sunday, February 12, 2023

Rain and wind

The temperature was much the same as yesterday but the weather was much worse.  I admit we need the rain, but the weather service included us in a coastal flood advisory on account of the wind from the Northeast.  Bluebirds and orioles retreated in disgust when they discovered the feeder dishes were still capped.  Myrtle and pine warblers found other food and the brown headed and white breasted nuthatches were content with seeds and suet.  Downy woodpeckers weren't pleased to share the suet.  Juncos and a song sparrow found the millet I tossed out.  A Carolina wren lunched on suet. 

I squeegeed the windows during a lull, but the rain came back and the wind pushed drops up the glass!  The wet windows ruined the camera focus.  Thus I missed a mockingbird and possibly others.  There were a few birds on the creek.  I think they were cormorants but I couldn't see them well enough to be sure.  The wind overturned a chair but I hope it didn't carry any furniture away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment