Friday, February 3, 2023

Windy

The day grew steadily colder and the clouds made me think of snow. I was gone all morning.  In the afternoon, the wind gradually cleared the sky.  Brown headed nuthatches managed to get fed despite the bigger birds.  Blue jays and bluebirds were delighted when I finally restocked the dish feeders.  Orioles felt the same about the jelly.  An oriole with a beak full of grape jelly looked quite bloodthirsty. 

The warblers wanted some of everything, even jelly for one myrtle warbler.  A Carolina wren scavenged whatever fell.  Juncos and white throats also foraged on the ground.  A brown headed cowbird joined them.  Three robins flew over him.  A couple of red winged blackbirds stayed in the trees. 

A big raptor circled but my only photo was fuzzy.  I saw buffleheads on the creek.  


No comments:

Post a Comment