Thursday, April 27, 2023

Cloudy

The bluebirds were enthusiastic about mealworms.  The female pileated woodpecker returned.  A blue jay dared to visit the barkbutter balls while I sat outside.  A mockingbird followed. 

A cabbage white butterfly enjoyed the money plant flowers.  A seven-spotted ladybird beetle flexed its wings atop a branch of rue.  A yellow legged Polistes wasp prowled low vegetation looking, I assume, for caterpillars to feed its offspring.A black potter wasp fed on the rue flowers.  I found a first instar black swallowtail caterpillar on a different part of the rue.  Four tiny red mites occupied a blue-eyed grass leaf. 

I planted the sunflower seeds that germinated in a damp paper towel.  And the Garden Center finally got some red purslane so I replaced my lost seeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment