Saturday, April 29, 2023

Sunny

We got a good soaking but it finished before I got up so I put out fresh mealworms and barkbutter balls.  It did not take long for the word to get to the bluebirds and blue jays.  

The pileated lady was back which frustrated a downy.  Crows watched closely and one tried to feed on the suet but it was too awkward.  A squirrel foraged under the seed feeder.  The all-black cat visited and tried to catch the squirrel.  The cat was also fascinated by something in the water.  Later I removed a drowned skink.  I saw a living skink in the front yard.

Brown headed nuthatches took turns at the seed feeder.  A black swallowtail and a cabbage white flitted around.  I finally got my pimento peppers potted.  A mockingbird supervised.  A pair of geese brought their two goslings to nibble on the lawn.  


No comments:

Post a Comment