Friday, April 14, 2023

Wet

I had plans to accomplish before the rain began but the rain started several hours before I expected.  I did get the windows facing the patio hosed off, but not my office windows.  And I got very wet.  Also, I did not get any seeds into the dirt before it became mud.  Since I didn't want to waste bird food, there was nothing but seeds and suet to attract visitors.  Still a mockingbird checked, just in case.  

In the evening after the rain stopped, a pair of downy woodpeckers finished off the suet.  Well, he ate while she watched.  Then a pair of cardinals had a date at the sunflower cafe.  She waited patiently while he tested seeds in the feeder below her and eventually brought her one.  Cheap date!  Finally after he fed her three seeds, she got to make a trip to the buffet herself.  

A pretty pink sunset caught me by surprise as I was downloading photos.  




No comments:

Post a Comment