Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Summery

The first thing I saw was crane flies scrabbling at the window.  I wonder what they think is beyond the glass.  Bluebirds pecked at the dust from yesterday's serving of mealworms.  A white throated sparrow with very spiffed-up feathers hopped around the patio.I suspect it might have spent the winter further South, not here.  

Two mourning doves foraged in the mulch.  Another migrant, a myrtle warbler, flitted through the trees.  It might have been after sweet gum seeds or pine nuts.  I also saw a pine warbler but I think it saw me too.  The dog insisted on frequent forays outdoors where it was warmer than inside - I saw 83° on the thermometer. 

The sky was hazier today and jets left contrails.  Some of the blue eyed grass was blooming.  Flies were thick around the mountain mint or maybe the bird poop beneath the feeders.  And by flies I mean the kind that get swatted. 





No comments:

Post a Comment