Friday, May 5, 2023

A little warmer

I served the birds breakfast before my own.  The bluebirds noticed right away.  Two yellow-rumped warblers took to the birdbath.  The mockingbird appreciated the fresh block of suet.  A white breasted nuthatch visited the seed feeder.  Swallowtails and cabbage whites were still the only butterflies.

The brown thrasher was back, checking out the menu.  It kept an eye on something overhead that I could not see.  A red faced skink prowled the patio.  This one had a complete tail.  A red bellied woodpecker wanted suet but thought I was too close.  

Clouds persisted to the South but we were in the sun.  I was warm enough to sit outside and try to catch the bluebirds entering their house.   The front portico also had a resident skink which sauntered right under the chair where I was sitting.  I got it on camera, but not the bluebirds. 

I didn't see the pileated wodpecker till supper time.  But I was busy elsewhere and could have missed her.  


No comments:

Post a Comment