Thursday, May 11, 2023

Cold water

Early bird bluebirds wanted breakfast before I was ready.   A blue jay ate crumbs.  A mockingbird had some as well. 

I caught two cabbage whites in an aerial dance.  I think it's territorial, not courting because they separated after.  There were others that looked yellowish, but I'm not sure they were sulphurs.  And a small brown butterfly was probably a duskywing.  Two skinks went tearing across the bottom step and I'm pretty sure that wasn't friendly. 

Crows tried to get some of those good barkbutter balls but the little swinging dish made it difficult.  I caught glimpses of a red bellied woodpecker up in the oak.  It didn't look like a nest to me. 

I immersed my quivering body in the pool today.  The sun was hot and the UV strong but the water was almost numbing.  The tide rose and fell over the coir logs.  On the lake, a few turtles basked in the hot sun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment