Monday, August 1, 2011

Osprey on the creek

It was cruising and circling and perching in the pines across the creek but I did not see it actually plunge after a fish. The finches were back (no surprise) along with the punk-looking juvenile cardinal. I refilled the hummingbird feeder and it was quite acceptable.

Last night's spider did not leave a web across the patio window but I did see an orb around the corner under the eaves. Barn spiders eat their webs after they become too ragged to catch anything. This photo is from several years ago.

It's humid but with a light breeze and the air is not hazy. Cicadas are singing and dragonflies hunting. I saw a mating pair of pennants but they were gone before I could get the camera. The sunflowers attract wasps and bees but not butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment