Thursday, August 22, 2013

Drippy again

It rained overnight.  I woke up around 4:30 and the moon was bright in the SW while there was lightning in the North.  Hummers are happy with the fresh juice, but not with each other.  Bees seem interested as well - did I spill some?   A bee chased off a hummer that will stand up to a cardinal.  Go figure.  A cardinal slammed into a side window but staggered off after a minute.  I don't know why it couldn't see the window as they were all fogged over this morning.  Birds have been slow to visit the feeder and only the usuals have shown up.

But, on the dock, I got lucky!  A little green heron perched on the back of the bench was joined by a yellow crowned night heron on a piling.  I rescued a dark flower scarab beetle that was floating on a stick in the pool.  The palamedes flitted through again and a spotted dragonfly was out flying in the evening, as were the swifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment